1. I hate talking on the phone. A lot. It’s why I’m bad about keeping up with friends I don’t see on a regular basis. The fact that I have to spend a lot of time on the phone for my job is unfortunate. Any other form of communication is fine — but something about the phone makes me really really awkward.
2. Life goal: learn to surf.
3. I’m a baking snob. I refuse to do anything out of a box or bag and always will go out of my way to make things from scratch. It doesn’t mean that slice-and-bake cookies or funfetti cupcakes aren’t super duper awesome though, and let’s face it, I just love sugar. On a similar note, my specialty is the very involved but extraordinarily delicious Sour Cream Pound Cake. It’s a secret family recipe that I’ll never share.
4. I’m a Southern belle who doesn’t like sweet tea. I KNOW. There’s something wrong with me.
5. On the other hand, Southern comfort food — and great seafood, including massive piles of peel-and-eat shrimp — makes me the happiest person on earth.
6. My favorite smell EVER is Coppertone sunscreen.
7. I get irrationally annoyed when people don’t respond to texts or emails in a timely manner. I know you have your phone on you, and more than likely it’s an iPhone/Droid/Blackberry, so GET ON IT. [Sidenote — yes, it’s irrational because I’m guilty of this on rare occasions.]
8. I love to travel but hate the flight/car/bus trip home. And having to unpack.
9. I am a carbon copy of my mother. There are pictures of us from our childhoods in which you can’t tell who is who. And people who have known her since forever — and likewise, have known me my entire life — still call me Jenny.
10. I have danced on a bar. I have nearly fallen off of a bar while dancing. There was a cage above said bar. I am a very awkward dancer. Take that as you will. Get to know me really well — or buy me a few drinks — and maybe I’ll share the story with you.
11. I’m incredibly independent. In some ways this makes me selfish. But at 24, who else do I have to worry about? That’s right. No one. So don’t try to box me in or hold me back or otherwise place unnecessary demands/restrictions on my life.
Your turn! Or you can tell me what you have planned for the weekend. Or what you think of my blog makeover. I love comments, so bring ’em on.