I don’t know about others who do RFF, but I come up with my best ones during boring swim workouts or long solo runs.
1. I don’t share well at all. I must have been sick during that kindergarten lesson.
2. I’m a strong swimmer but my worst fear is drowning/being caught underwater.
3. I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance. I think this is what makes me a good endurance athlete. I was hospitalized for five days in college and my dad says he knew it was serious when I called him to say I couldn’t handle how much my head hurt for a single second longer.
4. I’m definitely a child of the 90s. I miss good Nickelodeon shows, and if my cable package included Nick GAS and Noggin you better believe I’d be all over that.
5. I love to read but never make the time. Reading/writing all day for my job kinda takes it out of me. On a related note, I read super fast. Week-long beach vacations with the fam? 5 books, easy.
6. I’m jealous of my sisters. A lot. They lead awesome lives and I want to be them. I regularly have to remind myself that some of the things I do are pretty cool too.
7. I’m really awkward. It was even worse through high school and college. I didn’t grow up until I left school and moved to D.C., and I’m still working on it.
8. I love my dogs — two labs, they’re so cute — back at home but couldn’t take care of my own pet if my life depended on it. Someday, maybe.
9. Paradise to me is sitting on my dock back in Savannah with a beer and watching the sunset over the river. Bonus if I spent the whole day laying out or on the boat.
What’s your random Friday fact? Or, alternatively, what’s your weekend plan? Mine includes a 70.3 and a lot of beer afterward.