Man, am I ever ready for the weekend.
1. I got my hair cut today for the first time in…uh…a long time. It felt amazing.
2. I have really long hair now, but as a college junior I had a really short Victoria Beckham bob. I was living in London for the summer, walked into a salon and let the adorable stylist chop it all off. It was awesome, but I’m not sure I could ever do that again.
3. I would live in Nike Tempo shorts if I could. I had to remind myself last night that some bars would be less than pleased if I showed up in my running attire (dumb, I know).
4. Daytime TV sucks. But I like having background noise almost constantly so I put up with it.
5. I am trying really hard to give up DDP with some success. At least now I’m down to less than one a week and can only drink a few sips before I’m over it.
6. I have terrible hand/eye/foot coordination and no depth perception. This means I’m terrible at all sports that involve a ball, as well as most drinking games. So if you’re on my team, sorry. Flip cup, though, I can rock.
7. The above is why I’m an endurance athlete in sports for individuals.
8. I think adventure racing would be a blast.
9. My work inbox gets full on a regular basis. Deleting and archiving old junk is a daily — and very frustrating — activity.
10. I hate making my bed but can’t leave my apartment for the day without doing so.
11. I can’t wait to have an icemaker and ensuite washer/dryer. No more rolls of quarters!
12. The best bagel I’ve ever had is at a small deli in Savannah. Hands down, nothing will ever top Midtown.
I’ve got another hot century ride and a day-long VA wine tasting excursion on the calendar for the weekend. You?