1. I get irrationally annoyed when places don’t accept my AmEx card. Sometimes I don’t want to use a Visa or Mastercard, OK?
2. My sisters made me buy these wedges from Nine West last time they were in town, which turned out to be a fabulous investment. I wear them almost every day to work, they’re comfortable enough to walk home in and they give me an extra few inches of height. Plus they get lots of compliments.
3. Anything and everything having to do with money stresses me out.
4. I bit my nails when I was younger — until my mom put that nasty-tasting stuff on my hands and I discovered the wonders of a manicure.
5. I hate olives. If you put them on my pizza or salad, I can’t just pick them off. The flavor is still there and makes me gag.
6. I need to change my personal email address to something simple like firstname.lastname at gmail but keep avoiding it.
7. My car needs a lot of things but I just don’t want to put any money (which I don’t have) into it so I keep putting it off. Probably why my mechanic hates me.
8. I’m not sure what life was like before my iPhone.
9. I miss back-to-school season because supply shopping was my favorite outing ever. New pens in pretty colors, yes please!
10. On the flipside, I hate that GWU is back in session because it makes parking in Foggy Bottom almost impossible in the morning when I’m trying not to be late to work for the 82375923rd time.
11. I’ve recently rediscovered my love for smoothies, but I desperately need a new blender.
12. It is very possible for me to fly through an entire season of a TV show in a very short period of time — put on Instant Netflix and I’m good to go since I “watch” as I do other things. Multitasking, you know.
13. I keep telling myself I’ll shop at Safeway to save money, but Whole Foods is so much more convenient and has all the things I love.
14. We evacuated once for a hurricane and then there was basically zero impact on Savannah. The benefits of being so far inland is that storms basically skip over the Georgia coast. Great state planning, guys.
15. I went to both running camp and swim camp in high school. The Nike run camp was in the mountains of western NC. I’d never run a hill before in my life. The swim camp was directed by my coach and held in the middle of nowhere, Georgia. Clearly I had fun summers as a teenager.
Friday of a long weekend, y’all! How are you spending it?