1. I used to be really possessive about where I shopped for my clothes. As in, I told my sisters they weren’t “old enough” to shop at big-girl stores like Limited Too. I know.
2. I really love multipacks of fine-tip Sharpies. Color-coding my life keeps me sane.
3. My favorite breakfast in high school was a bowl of strawberries with vanilla yogurt and homemade granola. My family nicknamed this daily tradition “the strawberry thing.”
4. In fourth grade we had to write our own obituaries (and wills) as part of a reading assignment. I’m pretty sure I believed I was going to die on stage at Carnegie Hall at a very old age while playing my violin.
5. I was in orchestra for, um, six years? Huge nerd right here.
6. In past lives, I’ve also aspired to be a doctor, chef, mystery writer, world traveler (is that a career?), epidemiologist/public health practitioner extraordinaire, nutritionist, running coach…the list goes on. At the moment I’m doing none of these things.
7. The most amazing place I’ve visited is Turkey. Next up on the priority list, SE and/or Central Asia.
8. Previous life goal: learn all the official UN languages. I’ve got three of six, but then I took a semester of Arabic and realized perhaps being a polyglot isn’t my life’s calling.
9. I was the “good girl” in high school. Everyone thought I was too smart to get into trouble. It wasn’t until the middle of college — and certainly since I joined the adult world — that I realized playing it safe makes for a boring existence.
10. I used to bite my nails like crazy, but my grandmothers instilled in me the importance of having beautiful nails (and the wonders of a good manicure).
11. I loved being on camera when I was little. Now I’d really rather not have my picture taken.
12. I’m the oldest of three but usually feel like — and get mistaken for — the youngest.
Happy weekend, everyone! What’s on your agenda? Lots and lots of bicycle riding?