1. I’m not big on expressing feelings, but the song “God Gave Me You” (the Dave Barnes original and the Blake Shelton cover) will always and forever be emotionally charged and probably make me cry.
2. I’ve gone back and forth on liking country music, but I think I’ve firmly settled in the LOVE camp. Not the super twangy annoying stuff, but most of everything else.
3. In high school, I wanted a white Ford F-150. Then it was a yellow Nissan XTerra. I ended up with a burgundy Toyota 4Runner, which I think was a smart compromise on my parents’ part.
4. I coached for Girls on the Run for three years in college. It was the most enjoyable — and maybe most challenging — extracurricular I’ve ever participated in.
5. My family lived in a three-bedroom apartment for nine months while we were waiting for our house to be renovated. Imagine being an angsty fifteen year-old and going back to sharing a room with bunk beds. Not awesome.
6. I’m 24 and I still have to wait at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning while my dad “warms up the video camera” (read: stalls).
7. I had a Jack Russell terrier named Duke when I was younger. He ran away to the neighbors’ house, presumably because he was outnumbered by women. Now both of our dogs are girls. My poor dad.
8. My sisters are my best friends. I know this because we can go weeks without talking and months without seeing each other and when we finally do it’s like no time has passed at all.
9. On a related note, we used to hate each others’ guts, and my mom promised us that one day we’d get along. I guess Mom is always right.
10. Our favorite outdoor game as kids was a form of capture the flag. It involved throwing a cup of water on someone to tag them out. In the summer we’d play until we absolutely had to go to bed.
11. I really dislike fruity candy. Give me chocolate or don’t bother.
12. I don’t handle jealousy very well. GET OVER IT.
13. I basically despise fast food. I’ll only eat at Chick-fil-a and Subway-type places. This always made the trip home from out-of-town swim meets on Sunday evenings very complicated.
14. I think I will be a very good parent (someday) because my own parents did a pretty good job. I really believe in how they raised us — we turned out alright, I think?
15. I have been to Starbucks more often than I probably should in the past two weeks. I blame the holiday drink menu — skim peppermint mocha, anyone?