I’m too lazy to write a long and rambling training update that you probably don’t care about anyway, so instead you get Random (Somewhat Embarrassing) Friday Facts and a delicious homemade pizza dinner. Enjoy!
1. I’ve had a huge crush on Zach Braff since forever. Like, HUGE.
2. On a related note, I’m working my way through every season of Scrubs.
3. I missed my senior prom to present epidemiology research I conducted to a panel in D.C. Nerd alert.
4. I’m deathly afraid of needles. I passed out when I got my ears pierced, and I’ve never been able to get through a blood donation.
5. For the first two weeks of college, I lived in a forced double — bunk beds! — with a roommate who played World of Warcraft anytime she wasn’t in class. Yup.
6. My first drink ever was a peppermint patty shot. Ooof.
7. I’m going to see Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney in concert together in August. Yes, it’s 8 months away, and yes, I’m so unbelievably excited about it.
8. I think cardiology is fascinating. When I was little, my dad would take me to work with him and use a model heart to explain conditions he was treating.
9. I fell down the stairs as an toddler. Guess the clumsiness isn’t anything new?
10. I run into people I know everywhere. At the top of the random list: in a hotel lobby in Barcelona and on a street corner in Paris.
11. I went to a Journey concert in high school. It was awesome.
So I never argue with pizza, especially pizza made completely from scratch. I have a great recipe for whole wheat dough, but I wanted to try a GF version. So I attempted this millet-buckwheat crust from Edible Perspective, along with a homemade tomato sauce. Both were so easy to make and are way more delicious than the processed store-bought versions. I roasted eggplant slices, sauteed bell peppers and red onion, and topped the whole thing with feta cheese and fresh basil.